AUSTRALIAN & NEW ZEALAND JOURNEYS 2021
During the last few months, as our normal operations have paused, we have been dreaming up and handcrafting new Australian and New Zealand journeys. Now that Australian domestic and trans-Tasman travel appears closer on the horizon, we look forward with anticipation in once again being able to deliver incredible journeys to our guests. The health and safety of our guests and Tour Host Teams has always been our highest priority. This is why we choose to travel by private planes in many locations and with our own Tour Doctor. We also always exercise the highest discretion in the service providers we engage. However, we realise that during this extraordinary time, additional measures will be required.
BEFORE YOUR JOURNEY
- The journeys are designed for small groups - most have less than 35 guests. This will assist with physical distancing throughout the trip.
- Our Private Plane journeys depart from/to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, meaning that many guests won’t need to board a commercial flight.
- For the peace of mind of all guests, everyone will be required to complete a Health and Safety declaration form prior to journey commencement.
- Each guest will be provided with a personal hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes. In addition, masks will be available throughout your journey from the Tour Doctor should you wish to take this additional measure.
- We encourage all guests to download the Australian Government COVIDSafe app.
- Captain's Choice is an approved COVID Ready business by the Australian Tourism Export Council. This identifies our journeys as operating inline with the NCCC COVIDsafe and other relevant state based guidelines.
THE CAPTAIN'S CHOICE TOUR DOCTOR
- A Tour Doctor, along with a Tour Manager, escort our journeys. They are on hand at all times, to assist any guest requiring assistance.
- The Tour Doctor will check all guest temperatures on the day of departure and as required thereafter.
- The Tour Doctors will be equipped with masks and other hygienic equipment to assist with cleanliness throughout the journey.
TRAVELLING BY PRIVATE PLANE
- We have privately chartered planes to travel throughout Australia and New Zealand. Where available, we will use private terminals and avoid normal check-in procedures.
- The aircraft is cleaned each day with an antimicrobial cleaner that eliminates up to 99.9% of microbes and lasts more than 24 hours. An additional broad-spectrum disinfectant mist spray is used throughout the cabin. On the planes, there is a constant airflow cycle bringing in fresh air.
- Headrest covers will be changed for each flight sector.
- We will be asking guests to minimise movement throughout the cabin once seated.
- All flights are direct. For individual flight times, please see the journey page on our website.
- We are continuing to assess the need for any further plane protocols and will share these with guests closer to departure.
DURING YOUR JOURNEY
- Between now and departure we will be asking for and assessing the Covid Safe plans for all operators and service providers we are engaging, to ensure they meet our high standards.
- Physical distancing will be taken into consideration at all times, including dining.
- Coaches will not be filled to capacity, to facilitate more personal space on board.
- The Tour Host Team will be supported 24/7 by our Melbourne based Captain’s Choice operations and service teams.
Updates to 2020 Journeys
Due to the restrictions currently in place, including unprecedented travel bans, we have cancelled all journeys scheduled to depart in 2020.