SAFETY & FLEXIBILITY
TRAVELLING AT THIS TIME
The health and safety of our guests and Tour Host Teams has always been our highest priority. This is why we choose to travel by private planes in many locations and with our own Tour Doctor. We also always exercise the highest discretion in the service providers we engage. However, we realise that during this extraordinary time, additional measures will be required.
BEFORE YOUR JOURNEY
- All guests and Captain's Choice Tour Host Teams are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means that there has been at least 14 clear days from your second dose and the departure date of your journey.
- The journeys are designed for small groups - most have less than 35 guests. This will assist with physical distancing throughout the trip.
- Our Private Plane journeys depart from/to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, meaning that many guests won’t need to board a commercial flight.
- For the peace of mind of all guests, everyone will be required to complete a Health and Safety declaration form prior to journey commencement.
- Each guest will be provided with a personal hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes. In addition, masks will be available throughout your journey from the Tour Doctor should you wish to take this additional measure.
- Captain's Choice is an approved COVID Ready business by the Australian Tourism Export Council. This identifies our journeys as operating inline with the NCCC COVIDsafe and other relevant state based guidelines.
THE CAPTAIN'S CHOICE TOUR DOCTOR
- A Tour Doctor, along with a Tour Manager, escort our journeys. They are on hand at all times, to assist any guest requiring assistance.
- The Tour Doctor will check vaccine certificates on the departure day and will contact any guest with a medical exemption prior to the journey.
- The Tour Doctor will check all guest temperatures on the day of departure and as required thereafter.
- The Tour Doctors will be equipped with masks and other hygienic equipment to assist with cleanliness throughout the journey.
TRAVELLING BY PRIVATE PLANE
- We have privately chartered planes to travel throughout Australia and New Zealand. Where available, we will use private terminals and avoid normal check-in procedures.
- The aircraft is cleaned each day with an antimicrobial cleaner that eliminates up to 99.9% of microbes and lasts more than 24 hours. An additional broad-spectrum disinfectant mist spray is used throughout the cabin. On the planes, there is a constant airflow cycle bringing in fresh air.
- Headrest covers will be changed for each flight sector.
- We will be asking guests to minimise movement throughout the cabin once seated.
- All flights are direct. For individual flight times, please see the journey page on our website.
- We are continuing to assess the need for any further plane protocols and will share these with guests closer to departure.
DURING YOUR JOURNEY
- Between now and departure we will be asking for and assessing the Covid Safe plans for all operators and service providers we are engaging, to ensure they meet our high standards.
- Physical distancing will be taken into consideration at all times, including dining.
- Coaches will not be filled to capacity, to facilitate more personal space on board.
- The Tour Host Team will be supported 24/7 by our Melbourne based Captain’s Choice operations and service teams.